Collections

1. Loading
Visible everywhere
author profile photo
Factle App
"The World's Most Expensive Bus Passes"

The cost of living index analyzes the average income spent on basic amenities such as food, utilities, transport, education, healthcare, rent, clothing, cost of property, and leisure.

The index determines the expensive and moderate cities to live and invest. Recurrent expenditure such as rent, food, utilities, and transport determines the sustainability of living in a city.

#transportation

Source: WorldAtlas, Cost of Living Index

data
ldnbrrrl elizabeth boxall

i live and work in Central London and do not own a car nor do i brave London's cycle routes, which means that i use London buses multiple times a day and have done for over thirty years. i can report that they provide fantastic VFM! you are probably aware that our mayor -- the son of a bus driver -- instituted a 'hop on, hop off' fare a number of years ago: you 'tap on' to a bus, and then you alight to do some shopping|pick up your kid from school|drop off some supplies for your parents -- and every time you board another bus after each errand, you do not pay another fare as long as all of your additional bus-boarding occurs within an hour of your initial 'tap on'. Thank you for your delicious quiz (which i am TERRIBLE at! this bus one was the first one i've ever cracked in the the three weeks or so since discovering it: i always get a minimum of three correct but 'victory' has eluded me thus far). You are doing the internet a major mitzvah with this exquisite daily conundrum: i for one am extremely grateful to you for your work. Keep it up! You totally rock!! :-)

2000 characters left

factle Factle App

Thank you for sharing your awesome story Elizabeth! Grateful that you enjoy playing Factle!